Friday, December 26, 2014

Glyosphere's 2014 Top Ten Glyos Toys #6

Alright, so I missed posting a review on Christmas. I hope I will be forgiven. I'm still shooting for ten reviews in ten days. The second review for today will cover Onell Design's Armorvor. 

The Armorvor is such an awesome little warrior. This anthropomorphic mechanoid pays homage to the old Battle Beasts much like the Rise of the Beasts figures I reviewed on Tuesday. An Armorvor has eighteen pieces. That includes two different heads. The first is the infamous wolf head that is soon to be retired. The second is the reversible helmet head. From the front, the helmet resembles the alternate wolf head. When reversed, the helmet appears completely different and looks like a bull's head to me. The ingenuity of this design must definitely be applauded. Once the wolf's head has been retired, another new one will replace it. I've been speculating that the new Armorvor head will be that of an organic bull or minotaur. I have no real evidence to support this and in actuality there are many different custom casted heads out there that are already sculpted specifically for the Armorvor. 

The Armorvor body has fourteen points of articulation. The angles on the joints in the arms allows for a great deal of poseability. There is not a whole lot of customizability built into the Armorvor itself but when coupled with other sets the results tend to be pretty astounding. I personally like their default look. The most I've done and kept is a few ROBOForce bits in the shoulders to bulk up the "Minovaurs". 

All in all, I highly recommend that if you don't own any Armorvors that you track them down in your favorite color schemes or just pick up one of the ones they have available in their store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment